To help avoid the losses from hastily diving into forex trading, it is imperative that a trader have a reliable forex trading system to help them. There are many vendors selling forex trading system and many retail traders are at a lost of which ones to select. There are basically 5 important factors to consider when selecting a winning forex trading system.
When it comes to forex trading, retail traders are often unprepared for what lies ahead and many end up losing their first account. Then they either give up, or they take a step back and do a little more research and open a demo account to practice.
Those who do this practice on demo account will often eventually open another live account, and experience a little more success , either breaking even or turning a profit. To help avoid the losses from hastily diving into forex trading, it is imperative that a trader have a reliable forex trading system to help them. There are many vendors selling forex trading system and many retail traders are at a lost of which ones to select. There are basically 5 important factors to consider when selecting a winning forex trading system:
1. The risk reward ratio - this is a pretty simple method and almost self-explanatory. A good ratio to use when involved in Forex trading is 1:2. In other words for every dollar that you risk your looking to get two dollars back in return. If you do anything less you're setting yourself up for failure as you would have to have successful trades over half the time. This method allows you the luxury of breaking even with a 33% success ratio.
2. The win loss ratio - this method is to be used in conjunction with the risk reward ratio. Your goal is that you'd want to produce profit for at least the same amount trades that you are producing loser. Going with anything more would mean that your risk reward would have to be higher.
3. Drawdown - this is based on the amount of losses that would consecutively occur. In most cases you should not saying any more than three, but if you have a higher risk reward ratio, this number could be greater and still not affect your overall situation.
4. Past performance - if you're going to get a good forex trading system, you're going to have to look into the past performances of the system. If you know that the trading system has done well over saying the past 10 years, you can buy with confidence.
5. Average trade drawdown - this may not be a necessity for all forex trading systems but it is still useful. It is the ability to evaluate how long a trade will go down and die before it makes a turn to move to profitability.
A good forex trading system that does not need to involve expensive software. It is actually quite easy to get a grasp of. Have a basic set of trading rules and use the candlestick format on your chart as you make note of profits and losses and entries and exits. Doing this will enable you to see if your system is profitable in the long run.
As you go through this process, you will find a forex trading system that you are comfortable with and have the confidence that it will produce profit. What you do this you need to have the discipline to stay within your system so you can create the same situations that you did while testing it out. By this time, you should have a good feel for how it works and be able to apply it successfully.
Taking these few pieces of advice will enable you to pick a forex trading system that will work for you. If you are still unsure about how all this works, feel free to contact me and I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can.